Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Could Have Been Your Mommy

You would have been my baby,
I would have held you near.
I would've kissed and hugged you tightly,
And called you all things dear.

I could have been your mommy,
And hushed your little cries.
I could have rocked you gently,
And sung to you in the night.

But you were taken from me,
The promise of your future is gone.
And I must press on knowing,
My arms are where you should have belonged.

Even though you're no longer with me,
There's one thing that calms my heart.
I am still your mommy,
And in God's presence we'll never part.

-love mommy (written by me)

8 comments:

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

that is beautiful. It sounds like what was said at the funeral by jakes father. I still dont know what to say besides I love you. this poem is close to my heart as well and it reminds me of the twins.

April said...

You are amazing. You wrote that? I love it. So sweet and perfect.

Adria said...

what talent you have!! have you always been a writer? thank you for sharring your beautiful thoughts! love you!

Anonymous said...

That is a neat poem. I love writing poetry because it's always been a way for me to express myself. And that's what you did. When I was younger, I always wanted to be a poet. I have a notebook full of my poems along with many poetry books I used to sit in my closet and read and read.

Campbell Family said...

Wow tif what a beautiful poem...and beautiful art work you found too! You always have such a special way in putting your thoughts together but I didn't know you could do poetry:) You are beautiful in every way...I love you!

Jen and Mark said...

That poem is amazing. You have a great way of putting your thoughts, and feelings in words. You are incredible. I hope you are doing okay and finding more peace everyday. I really miss seeing you and your family.

Cammi said...

This is a beautiful poem, and I am amazed by your strength. This blog will bless so many people.

Katie said...

I love that.

I had a hard day yesterday. I recieved free Enfamil with a big Congratulations" on it. Also I got a bill from the hospital pathology lab. Why does it take 5 months to get those things out? My due date is 19 days away, and I wish I was as big as a house right now.