A Prayer:
O Father, help me understand, and know the reason why,
The boy that Thou dids't give to me, so early had to die;
Why once whose life had been so pure, who never knew deceit,
Should droop and wither like a flower, crushed under ruthless feet.
O Father, help me understand Thy purposes Divine,
In letting death, with ruthless hand, tear his dear heart from mine.
O let me see the veil beyond, where dwells his spirit pure,
And know he's happy where he's gone; O let me feel secure.
Forgive the surging doubts that rise within my aching heart,
And take the dimness from mine eyes, let darkness all depart.
Let light and knowledge come to me from heaven, Thy home on high,
O help me put my trust in Thee; O Father, tell me why.
Perhaps I sin in asking this, more faith should show in Thee;
But, O I miss his loving kiss, he was so dear to me.
Just let me know that I sometime shall find him, once again,
And clasp again his form to mine; I ask, in Jesus name.
The Answer:
Grieve not, my daughter for time shall be, when death shall be no more.
Thy loved one I'll return to thee, to cherish evermore.
'Twas in the plan that man should die, and slumber in the grave,
But rise again, as even I, for this my life I gave.
For mortal life is but apart of God's eternity,
In which the souls of men embark to find felicity.
What men call death is but a step from low to higher plane,
and all who in the dust have slept, through me shall live again.
Then grieve not for the one that's gone, nor let your heart despair;
For God in wisdom called your son, to work for Him up there;
The prison gates to open wide for those wo died in sin,
And through repentance them to guide again to worship Him.
Let his then be your answer, why, and let your heart rejoice,
For unto God they do not die, who answer to His voice,
But walk with Him in realms of love, where all the righteous be.
Be comforted, for there above, thy boy will welcome thee.
-Rey L. Pratt
1 comment:
You are Jake are soul mates. I know in the pre-existence, you two promised each other that somehow you would find each other down here . . . and you did!
Post a Comment